from Cookies & Cream by Tessa Arias
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter (room temp.)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 pint of ice cream (suggestions: peach, coffee cinnamon)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until well combined and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the honey and egg and beat until combined. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture.
4. Using a spoon or spring-loaded scoop, drop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
To assemble into Ice Cream Sandwiches:
Freeze the cookies until frozen, at least 1 hour. Cookies can be stored in atirtight containters in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Top one cookie with a scoop of ice cream. Place another cookie on top of the ice cream and gently press down to form a sandwich. Sprinkle the edges of the sandwich with cinnamon, if desired. Repeat. Freeze for at least 1 hour before serving (if you can wait that long).
The recipe called for peach ice cream, but that was not available in the store. We used cinnamon coffee ice cream, and the sandwiches were delicious