Warm Kale Salad with Toasted Coconut and Sesame Oil
from Heidi Swanson in Super Natural Every Day
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 1/2 lightly packed cups of chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened large-flake coconut
- 2 cups cooked farrow or other whole grain
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Put the kale and coconut in a large bowl and toss well with about two-thirds of the olive oil mixture.
- Spread the kale evenly across two baking sheets. Bake for 12-18 minutes, until the coconut is deeply golden brown, tossing once or twice along the way. If the kale mixture on the top baking sheet begins to get too browned, move it to the lower rack.
- Remove from oven and transfer the kale mixture to a medium bowl. Taste. If you feel it needs a bit more dressing, add some and toss. Place the farrow on a serving platter and top with the tossed kale. Serve warm.