1 recipe pastry for a single 9-inch pie crust
3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan; prick bottom and sides with fork.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place tomatoes in a single layer of a colander; sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes to release moisture. Blot excess moisture with a paper towel. Arrange 1 layer of tomato slices around the bottom of the cooled pie crust, overlapping the slices. Sprinkle half the garlic and half the basil onto tomato layer. Sprinkle half the Cheddar cheese and half the mozzarella cheese over basil layer. Repeat layering with remaining tomatoes, garlic, basil, Cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Spread mayonnaise over the top mozzarella cheese layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.