makes 3 lbs.
10 lbs tomatoes
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 large onions
5 garlic cloves
5 medium jalapenos (medium salsa)
3 habanero peppers, to taste
1 cup chopped green peppers
1 tablespoon cumin
1/8 cup sea salt
1/8 cup vinegar
3 large limes, juice of
1. Peel and chop tomatoes in a food processor (part until they are liquid and part bigger pieces).
2. Chop cilantro ,onion ,garlic and add to tomatoes.
3. Chop jalepenos with seeds and put in to 10 quart stock pot.
4. Add cumin, salt and vinegar and stir all together.
5. Bring to a boil and lower temperature to keep at a low boil for 2-3 hours.
6. Boil down to about half to get rid of all the extra tomato water.
7. I use 3 cup reusable plastic containers.
8. Fill and leave 1/2 inch head space let cool to avoid condensation and ice on top of salsa.
9. Place lids on and freeze.